Monday, July 20, 2009

getting to knoooow me! Getting to know all about me!

Okay.... so I've tried to post several times... and each time I get halfway through I think, "Self, this is dumb...no one is going to want to read this!" Sooooo, if you are reading this...it's a small miracle. So I've been trying to figure out what in the world I should write about! I figured maybe I should write a bit about me... so...... with out further ado.... I present: Me, Myself and I!

Some pet peeves....
It drives me NUTS when people talk during a movie! When I sit down to watch something....I want to watch it, and then I'm distracted by people talking or ... doing something... it drives me NUTS! :)
My number ONE pet peeve is when people are disrespectful to others. This one really chaps my Hyde! Grrr, it irritates me to NO end! (Example: when people talk during a lesson...)

If you ever want to know when I'm irritated....listen for the big sighs... I have inherited this from my father (although I must add that sometimes i just sigh...even when i'm not irritated...they sound different though...). It is lovingly called the Brailsford Sigh...and it's real. Back off if you get the sigh... and if I ever turn silent (more so than usual).

Ummmmmm, what else about me? I'm 25, single and loving it! I would REALLY like to date though. I am planning, upon my return to MO, to go out and convert all of the young men my age though (watch out boys)! I believe this is mostly because I had the opportunity to be in a Single's ward today in Vegas....and there were SO many guys! I must admit I was jealous. Okay....confession time. I have to award the few of you who have taken time out of your day to read my blog with something!

..........(drumroll please)............

About 2 months ago, I signed up for LDS singles. Something I swore I would never do. I believe this decision was made out of frustration. Why, you may ask? I had a guy friend visiting my house (JUST a friend) and we went and visited all the church sites around my house. Because...we're friends! NOTHING more. I should have known better. EVERY place we went to assumed we were married, or engaged or seriously dating..... I don't really get it. I could understand if we were close to eachother, or acted at all interested in eachother...but neither of us hold any kind of those feelings towards the other...we never had/have. It should have been pretty obvious by the LACK of ring that we weren't engaged....or by our demeanor. Anyways.....that's not my story...for today at least.... Anyways, it got pretty annoying pretty quick. So one night, while he was over (I believe it was after going through church at my home ward.... BIG mistake!) I was fed up with the whole situation...and that somehow led me to sign up for LDSsingles... Okay, so I haven't been on there for over a month, but the last time I checked.... I think like 16 people had looked at my profile. Here comes the good part... about 9 of them were 40+ years old! I have to admit I was a little creeped out by that.... And it's probably why I haven't really been back to it since! :) I mean.... seriously.... :) I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to be single the rest of my life! Bonzai! I love it though, and am VERY excited to progress in my career and hopefully be able to afford my own place....by next year! Okay, I've rambled on forever now...so, I'll let you go. Hope you learned...or at least chuckled at something on my really long post....

Hey, I'm still trying to figure this whole blog thing out!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging! I'm sorry people thought you were dating our Brazilian friend. I got that too! So we are twins in that regard. As for older men... he'll die before you and you'll live as a widow for about 20 years. This random thought has been brought to you by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world. I can't wait to see pictures. I will enjoy reading the fun thinkgs going on in the life of Kristin! Let's cart soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAYAYA FOR BLOG POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW - you should stay in Vegas to find the hot boys.... Katie

    ReplyDelete